Position: Finance Director
Location: Pueblo, CO (remote until everyone is vaccinated)
The Sol Sandoval for Colorado campaign seeks a Finance Director. This is a full-time position based in Colorado with regular travel both around Colorado and across the country. Travel is subject to change due to COVID-19, and the team will prioritize the health of the team where concerns arise.
Sol Sandoval (she, her, hers) is a Chicana indigenous woman and a seasoned community leader who has been fighting for working people for over 20 years. After ten years working for the Pueblo County Department of Social Services, Sol decided she wanted to work outside the system to bring about needed change. She’s the progressive who will beat Lauren Boebert and be a voice for working families across Colorado.
Ideal candidates for this position will have at least two cycles of campaign fundraising experience, the proven capacity to work independently, a demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work, and a commitment to equity, inclusivity, diversity, and progressive values. This is going to be a scrappy primary race and we want our team to reflect that.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Write and implement a finance plan that outlines income by tool and by month with measurable goals
- Build relationships with Colorado and national donors and supporters
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Represent the campaign in conversations with consultants and other campaigns
- Manage digital fundraising program
- Oversee donor research
- Establish a daily reporting tool for all pledges and income generated by the finance staff, surrogates, and the candidate
- Ensure timely entry of all acceptable contributions into fundraising database
- Manage and staff call time program
- Facilitate the approvals of electronic and printed fundraising materials.
- Ensure legal and reporting requirements are met
- Other duties as assigned
Does this team sound like one you want to be a part of, but you don’t think you’re qualified? Apply anyway! You won’t know until you try. Team Sol also understands that some folx will not have the same experience due to systemic barriers rooted in sexism and racism, and encourage those who resonate with this team to apply.
- Starting salary is $5,000/month
- $500/month healthcare stipend
- $1,000 relocation stipend
Email PDF résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Finance Director”.
We will be considering applications on a rolling basis until position has been filled.
Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexes, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veteran statuses, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace, Sol Sandoval for Colorado is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.